Migrate Configuration to New Server
The typical tasks when Rapid SCADA migration to another server is needed:
- The software deployment on a production server when the configuration has been completed using a developer workstation.
- Server replacement.
The steps to migrate a configuration are:
- Ensure that connections between the server and the devices are properly configured: the required serial ports exist, industrial controllers available via the network, etc.
- Install Rapid SCADA on the new server, but do not start the Server and Communicator services.
- Stop the Server and Communicator services on the obsolete server. Switch startup type of these services to Manual.
Copy the data archive located in the following directories from the obsolete server to the new server:
Transfer the configuration from the obsolete to the new server in one of the following ways.
Copy the content of the directories listed below from the obsolete to the new server (default directories are shown):
- Open the project in the Administrator application and upload the configuration to the new server with the button, unchecking the Restart Server and Restart Communicator checkboxes.
- Copy the content of the directories listed below from the obsolete to the new server (default directories are shown):
- Start the Server and Communicator services on the new server.
- Check whether the new server operates well.